A "Bit" ABOUT US:
The first worship service of St Andrews Presbyterian Church was held in West Avondale Elementary School on October 14, 1956. The Board of National Missions had decided in the fall of 1952 to establish a mission church in south Topeka to serve Air Force personnel and their families stationed at Forbes Air Force Base. "Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church" was adopted as the official name at a congregational meeting on November 4, 1956. Ground breaking for the church building was on May 18, 1958, and the new building was dedicated on Sunday, March 8, 1959. New classrooms, offices, Fellowship Hall were added in 1993-1994. Our multi-generational community (Seniors, Families, Young Families, Young Singles) numbers 105 members and growing!